Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer. You can’t see or smell radon, as it is odorless and colorless. Testing is the only way to know your level of exposure. According to the EPA, most Minnesota counties in the metro area have a predicted average indoor radon screening level of greater than 4 pCi/L. The EPA recommends you fix your home if the radon level is 4 pCi/L or higher.
Certification Matters! Getting certified mean that the person testing your radon levels has been educated about radon and trained in the most effective ways to test and mitigate radon. Certificate holders also have to continue their training annually. Choosing a company that holds a current certificate also guarantees that the equipment used is properly tested and calibrated on a regular basis.